Fall Dance and Music Weekend — October 7-9, 2022
Updated Covid-19 protocol as of August 27th:
With the ongoing safety of our dance community in mind, Fall Weekend organizers have decided on the following measures:
Camp participants will:
- bring to camp at least three COVID Rapid Antigen Tests, one for testing upon arrival at camp before check-in, and two spares.
- present proof of full vaccination and one booster (vaccination card or photo of both sides of card)
- print and fill out N-Sid-Sen’s health questionnaire. The questionnaire is available here (and blank copies will be at the check-in table)
- wear a well-fitting mask at all times except when outdoors and distanced, or eating, drinking, sleeping, or bathing
- let us know as soon as possible if you test positive within one week following camp
Additionally, to optimize the camp experience for yourself and others:
- before camp, consider limiting your opportunities for exposure
- test the day before camp and before carpooling or boarding public transportation
- bring masks that fit your face well and spare masks for changing as needed. (Face-shields, gaiters, bandanas, single-layer masks and masks with holes or valves are not acceptable.)
Lady of the Lake now offers $50.00 scholarships to help young contradance musicians, callers, and organizers experience our Fall Music and Dance Weekend, 7-9 October 2022. The Marron Scholarship is offered in honor of Pat and Vickie Marron, who contributed so much to Lady of the Lake dance camps for decades, nurturing countless dance musicians, callers, and organizers. We hope to carry their goodwill and dedication forward.
Applicants should send a brief bio with a short description of how they participate in their dance community, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration will close September 25. Register and submit payment by regular mail or electronically via PayPal when accessed from the Lady of the Lake website. In the event that a Covid-19 surge occurs and Camp N-Sid-Sen needs to restrict camper numbers, we will offer places in the order of registration and received payment.
The cost is $235/person, with full payment due by September 25. If you become ill before camp a full refund will be given.
Registration for Fall Weekend.
This year we have a great staff lined up:
- Audacious, with Audrey Knuth and Larry Unger
- Lindsey Dono, caller
- Banna Damhsa, with Jan Clizer, Char Beach, and Dave Beach
- Susan Dankovich, waltz, cross-step waltz, and hambo
Come join us at Camp N-Sid-Sen, an idyllic 257 acres of tall pine and fir forest on the shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. There is nearly a mile of lakeshore, hiking trails, boats and beach. The camp has a beautiful new dance hall, multiple workshop sites, clean, tidy cabins, delicious food and more.
Housing, Camping, and Food
Twelve cedar cabins sleep 6 to 12 people each. All have bunk beds with mattresses provided, electric lights and heat. Camping is available for those who prefer. If you are camping please let us know in the Comments field in the electronic registration.
Balanced meals include dairy products, meat and fish. Meatless alternatives and/or dairy free and/or gluten free are provided for those who specify these preferences at the time of registration. No other food needs or severe allergies will be accommodated. There is some refrigerator space available if you need to bring your own food.
2022 Camp Fees
Camp fees include cabin accommodations or camping, five nutritious and tasty meals, frequent snacks, and a weekend full of delightful dancing and entertainment for less than most would spend per person on a weekend’s visit to any city!
Full payment is $235/person.
Note: Registration is not complete until we receive payment.
Airport Transportation: If you fly to Spokane, WA, we can provide transportation to and from the airport, if you arrive before 2:00pm on Friday and depart after 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. There is a $35 fee for this service. Be sure to request airport transportation in the comments field in the online registration.
Cancellation Policy: For cancellations received before September 1st, $40 will be retained. For cancellations after September 1, no refund will be made.
For questions about this camp, please contact: Emily Faulkner at fall-weekend [ a t ] ladyofthelake.org
Or phone at (208)-263-6751 (landline). Please leave your phone number and a succinct voice message.